We all need to know both our priorities and our personal weaknesses and the things we tend to put off. Here several questions for my own relection, adapted, and added to from blogger Kevin DeYoung.
1. Am I spending time reading God’s word and memorizing Scripture?
2. Am I having consistent, focused times of prayer, including interceding for others?
3. Am I disciplined in my use of technology, in particular not getting distracted by the computer during family time?
4. Am I wasting excessive time on the Internet?
5. Am I getting enough sleep / getting to bed at a reasonable time?
6. Am I eating healthy foods?
7. Have I exercised at least twice (preferably 3-5 times) in the last week?
8. Am I spending quality time with my kids?
9. Have I reached out to connect with people this week?
10. Have I had any meaningful conversations with non-Christians this week?
11. Am I giving adequate and priority time to sermon and teaching preparation?
12. Have I done anything out of the ordinary to cherish and help my wife?